Bangkok, 15-17 November 2023 – The Constantinian Order, thanks to its Special Consultive Status to the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations Organizations, and Observer at the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP) has been invited to join the 7th Asian Pacific Population Conference of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) which was held from 15 to 17 November 2023, organized in collaboration with the United Nations Population Fund (UNF).
The Delegate for Southeast Asia, H.E. Don Antonio Benedetto Spada, Knight of the Royal Order of Saint Januarius, has designated the Vice Delegate Dame Commander Paola Benaglia to participate to this Conference which convenes every ten years, a pivotal moment coinciding with other important events:
- the 75-year anniversary of the Universal Declaration on Human rights
- the 60-year commemoration of the first Asian Population Conference, held in 1963 in India
- the 10-year anniversary of the adoption of the 2013 Asian and Pacific Ministerial Declaration on Population and Development
- the half-way mark to achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
- the 30-year review of the implementation of the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development.
Opening remarks were delivered, amongst others, by H.E. Mr. Varawut Silpa-archa, Minister, Thai Ministry of Social Development and Human Security.