The ceremony for the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the National Committee of the Italian Red Cross and the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George was held in Rome on December, 4th 2018 at 4pm. The National President of the Red Cross Mr. Francesco Rocca and the Grand Master of the Constantinian Order, HRH Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro signed the agreement.
The fundamental objectives the document is based on are:
• protection of the health and life;
• promotion of the social activities;
• help in case of emergencies and disasters, providing a prompt response to community needs;
• promotion of rights, in particular of International Humanitarian Law, Fundamental Principles, Humanitarian Values and International Cooperation;
• implementation of initiatives to offer support to young people;
• development, communication and promotion of volunteering.
Both the Grand Master and Mr. Rocca said they were fully satisfied with the agreement reached. At the end of the ceremony, the Duke of Castro handed the gold medal of merit to the Italian Red Cross flag.